Golf Trips Ireland guide by RC Golf Escapes. The information below will help you with some general knowledge before you plan your golfing tour to Eire, the emerald isle.
Golf Trips Ireland Guide – Locations
The ideal golf trips can combine some sightseeing inbetween tee times. There are approximately 350 18-hole golf courses in Ireland which is quiet substantial given the size of Ireland. This leaves a huge choice of courses.
Golfing in Ireland
Playing golf in Ireland is one to tick off your bucket list.
With amazing links golf courses in Ireland, it is a true test of any golfer.
Some of the amazing Irish Golf Courses we can suggest would include:
- Adare Manor Golf Course – Adare Manor Golf course will host the Ryder Cup 2026 in Adare Manor. July 2020 will see the sixth staging of the JP McManus Pro–Am. This is one of the most expensive golf courses to play in Ireland.
- Lahinch Golf Club – Lahinch Golf Club is one of the finest links golf courses in Ireland. Home to the Dubai Irish Open 2019.
- Tralee Golf Course – Tralee Golf Course was the first European golf course designed by Arnold Palmer. Designer Arnold Palmer said about the course, “I designed the first nine (holes) but surely God designed the back nine.”
- Royal Dublin Golf Course – The Royal Dublin Golf Club, founded in 1885, is Ireland’s second oldest golf club. The Royal Dublin is an 18-hole links course on Bull Island, Dublin, Ireland, one of the biggest golf clubs in the country.
- Trump International Golf Club – Situated on over 400 acres of Ireland’s most spectacular links overlooking the majestic Atlantic Ocean.
In line with Norman’s philosophy of ‘least disturbance’, the most natural route was taken in laying the course out through the sand dunes. As a result, the course has a unique combination of five par 3s and five par 5s.
Some of the Amazing Places to visit also
These incredible tourist spots are worth visiting on your golfing trip in Ireland. Which ones to visit will depend on proximity to the golf courses.
- Cliffs of Moher in County Clare – The Cliffs of Moher are sea cliffs located at the southwestern edge of the Burren region in County Clare, Ireland
- Ring of Kerry in County Kerry – The Ring of Kerry is a 120 mile stretch of stunning coastal views and pockets of mystical land around the Inveragh Peninsula
- Rosses Point – Near Sligo Golf Course – Rosses Point Beach is located in County Sligo and is a popular seaside resort with beautiful views of Knocknarea to the south and Benbulben to the north.
Golfing in Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland is also home to some out of this world links courses.
Some of the amazing Northern Irish Golf Courses we can suggest would include:
- Royal Portrush Golf Club – Royal Portrush Golf Club in County Antrim is home to one of the best and most challenging links golf courses in the world, the Dunluce Links. Home of the 148th Open Championship on July 14th-21st 2019.
- Royal County Down Golf Club – Royal County Down is located in one of the world’s most naturally beautiful links settings in the Murlough Nature Reserve.
- Ard Glass Golf Club – Ardglass Golf Club is well known for extending a warm welcome to its visitors from all parts of the world. Many make a point of playing Ardglass while visiting Royal County Down at Newcastle or Royal Portrush on the North Coast.
- Portstewart Golf Club – Portstewart Golf Club, founded in 1894 and home to three fine true links golf courses. The outstanding Championship Strand Course was the host for the 2017 Dubai Duty Free Irish Open.
Some of the Amazing Places to visit also
Recent movies and tv shows have put some of the iconic landscape of Northern Ireland on the map. Game of Thrones locations in particular are always worth a visit.
- Giants Causeway – The Giant’s Causeway is an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, the result of an ancient volcanic fissure eruption. It is located in County Antrim on the north coast of Northern Ireland, about three miles northeast of the town of Bushmills.
- Giants Causeway Coatal Route – The Causeway Coastal Scenic Drive is 212 km (130 mile) road trip along the rugged and spectacular coast of Northern Ireland from Derry to Belfast and is one of Ireland’s most scenic and varied drives with some premier tourist attractions including the Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge and the Giants Causeway.
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge – Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge is a famous rope bridge near Ballintoy in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. The bridge links the mainland to the tiny island of Carrickarede. It spans 20 metres and is 30 metres above the rocks below.
Golf Trips Ireland Guide – Weather
The best advise is to bring rain gear and sunscreen – often both are needed on the same day.
The best time to golf is now! Failing that, May, June and September are the best months to golf. July and August can be busy months on golf courses which will need to booked in advance for optimum tee times. April and October can have some lovely golfing days also, but there is a higher chance of rain.
You can golf over the winter months also, but you may find light to be an issue, especially if you wish to play more than one course a day. Daylight hours may be between 8am and 5pm in the depths of winter. Many courses would have local rules regarding winter play.
The true test of your golfing game is on a links course when the wind and rain are blowing.
Golf Trips Ireland Guide – Top Tour Guides
Golf Tours with RC Golf Escapes
We offer the personal touch on all our golf tours. We are a family run business based near Trump Internatinal Hotel in Doonbeg, Co. Clare. Covering all of Ireland including Northern Ireland and Scotland on our golfing trips. We have some recommended touring options, but can personalise the tours as required at time of booking.
Advantages of Golf Tours with RC Golf Escapes
- We can solve all the logistical planning for your package trip – we know the best routes to maximise your golfing time and where to stay to minimise changes to accomodation
- Accomodations organised for you to suit your budget – 5 star hotels to Bed and Breakfasts and all varities inbetween
- Tee times arranged to suit the visiting party
- Fleet of luxury tour buses to transport your touring party
- Recommendations for dining each night, proven high quality meals
- Advice and transport to Sightseeing along the golfing trip
- Minimise driving and maximise golfing time while still going to some amazing golf courses
- Excellent local knowledge – accomodation, resturaunts, pubs, landscapes and of course golf courses
- Stress free travelling – just come and play golf – leave all the organising to us – fully relax on your holiday!
- Choose between a golfing holiday in Ireland or a golfing holiday in Scotland – or a combination of both
RC Golf Escapes Tours:
If you enjoyed this post, please also check out some of the other posts we have available
Northern Ireland Golf Tour – Caden Group
Combination Northern and Southern Ireland Golf Trip